Sunday 18 May 2014

DMUGA Week 33 - All work handed in!

Oh wow, time to take a big breath in and relax for a couple of weeks. My 1st year work is handed in and of course it feels good. This will be a short blog to wrap up this last week.

Monday involved the 2hr drawing session back in the New Walk Museum. I would have liked to have added some more details but it isn't too bad. Looking back though, it is a lot better than what I was doing much earlier on in the course when we went there.


In addition, I did manage to finish the master's study but I spent a very long time trying to get it looking as accurate as possible to the original. I think the only thing I found disappointing when doing this is that again, I realised I need to work on faces significantly. I had to tweak them around so much it just got a bit muddled and wasn't exactly what I was going for, but in the end, it doesn't detract from the overall image too much.


This painting took up pretty much all of my time up until Thursday night. A few bit more of re-organisation of folders/files ready for disk on Friday morning and that was it...

Well, that's the first year's work handed in. Now, I know for a fact that I need this time over the summer to improve, so I will practice my weak areas in visual design I.e. Characters/faces/anatomy, and work on landscapes. I also need to do some 3D modelling and have got a few ideas in mind as to what I want to do. This is my last dmuga related post for 1st year and I have had a wonderful time so far, I just hope I use my time wisely over the summer. Enjoy the weather guys & see you all soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment