Sunday 19 April 2015

DMUGA Week 29 - Back in business!

I rather enjoyed the Easter break, I managed to get most of what I planned to do, done:
The reflective writing, presentation about 3D printing, 1 week of Alice In Wonderland, and started changing the character during my last week of the holiday.

First day back... and... great. Still a lot to do before the deadline, and I'm so unsure as to how good it will look now because we don't have long left to actually finish it, plus, we have the 2 weeks at the end to 'polish' & do the written documents! Things should have been further than they are at now, so currently... I'm not feeling like we will finish in time (Which is ridiculous as we've had so long!)

I did however, manage to finish unwrapping and texturing the key - I tried a few things, but it ended up just being nicer with a simpler texture on it. I would have liked to have done better in designing the texture of the key instead of putting on a simple brass texture, but I have to move on.
I also refined the river mesh material, and exported all of my things that need to be put into the engine.

Added tree details
Added Fountain details + water falling effects

Water splash particles

Key in 3 separate parts


I did some more on my character, and this is the stage I have got it up to so far:

Before = Left | After = Right
So, that was my Easter, and now onto the first week back!

Monday was a day we got together and discussed what needed doing, who needed the Engine file, what needs to be put in and some general team/file management.

Some good progress was made on Tuesday:
-Imported everything of mine, did some landscaping (soil, re-arranged flowerbeds, deleted some trees).
-Made Icons for the gloves, tart, and key parts.
-Started the bouquet of flowers.

Icons for the Pick-ups:

Textures were obviously scaled right down to a 256x256 - the 128x128 resolution was too blurry
Icons On-Screen
And for my character project:
-Re-done some parts of the hair, fixed mesh issues and re-unwrapped the model of the character

There is a lot of space that I feel could be put to better use...
I squeezed in some practice for my presentation on Wednesday morning, and I felt much more comfortable with it. The stairs at the end of the level which you really can't see very well were done in the afternoon, followed by the finishing of the nosegay flowers in the evening.



Thursday was presentation day...
It actually went alright! I felt very nervous at the start but as time went on, I became more comfortable with how I was speaking and what I was saying, so overall, not too bad!
Now that was out of the way, I could focus more on the level/assets again.

The nosegay flowers pick-up now had a little icon to go with it, & the LOD textures were a little out of whack in terms of their brightness, so I went and adjusted some to make the LODs a bit less obvious. Plus, I added a tiny bit of Gaussian blur to give the level some depth of field.

Without Gaussian blur
With Gaussian blur
It's very subtle, but it is more obvious if you focus on the difference between the trees in the top image compared to the bottom. I also spent a little bit of time in the evening just populating a tiny bit, plus, re-arranging some bushes & flowers.

Friday was a day of populating, I just went round and added a lot of things here and there:
















There are still some things to put in, but that's it so far... There's so much to do, and I seriously hope we can achieve what we want to.

The week overall went quite well considering it is just after Easter, and the level is coming along, but we have to seriously get it to a finished, playable state ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment